Maryland individuals can obtain a limited divorce on the ground of desertion pursuant to Md. Code Family Law 7-102(a)(3). A party seeking a limited divorce on desertion ground needs to prove that:
1. The ending of cohabitation – end of sexual relations
2. Intent f the deserter to end the marriage
3. Intent to abandon and end the marriage
To establish the intent to end the marriage one must prove that:
1. End to cohabitation – Parties stopped living together under the same roof.
2. The other party left without justification with the intent to abandon and end the marriage.